Obecní dům/Municipal House & Prašná brána/The Powder Tower & Náměstí Republiky 

Obecní dům8Municipal House

Obecní dům3The Powder Tower

Municipal House

Obecní dům6

The Municipal House (Czech: Obecní dům) is a civic building and concert hall located in Prague, Czech Republic. It's located on Náměstí Republiky 5 next to the Powder Gate.

The Royal Court palace used to be located on the site of the Municipal House. From 1383 until 1485 the King of Bohemia lived on the property. After 1485, it was abandoned. It was demolished in the early 20th century. Construction of the current building started in 1905. It opened in 1912. The building was designed by Osvald Polívka and Antonín Balšánek.
The Municipal House was the location of the Czechoslovak declaration of independence.

Obecní dům7

The Powder Tower

Prašná brána

The Gothic Powder Tower in the Old Town used to be a gate to Prague in the middle ages. It was built in a ditch around the town´s ramparts, about 9 metres below the present ground. The future kings of Bohemia used to enter the town through this gate when they were on their coronation parade. This parade went on the traditional Royal Way to the Prague Castle, where the coronation took place. Together with the Old Town Bridge Tower, the Powder Tower is the only existing part of the former Prague Old Town fortification.

Obecní dům

Address:
Republic Square 5
Old Town, Prague 1
Czech Republic

Public transport to get to Municipal House
Metro: Namesti Republiky (line B)
Tram stop: Namesti Republiky (trams 5, 8, 24, 26, 51, 54, 56)

 




顯示詳細地圖

創作者介紹
創作者 跳舞的房子 的頭像
跳舞的房子

跳舞的房子

跳舞的房子 發表在 痞客邦 留言(0) 人氣()